RE: filmscanners: Stellar ghosts and Nikon Coolscan IVED (LS40)

Harry writes ...

> Yes, it makes a difference... I did some further
> testing last night. I turned the slide 90 degrees,
> and sure enough the ghost rotated 90 degrees in
> repect to the stars (that is if you keep the
> orientation of the stars fixed) => so clearly
> due to the scanner and not the slide.

        To me this implies the problem is with respect to the film ... a
problem with the scanner, yes ... but the problem rotates with the
film.  If I were to guess, and try something different ... I would
snip off the sprocket holes ... possibly "all those edges" are the
source for the internal relections(???)

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.