Re: filmscanners: Stellar ghosts and Nikon Coolscan IVED (LS40)

On Fri, 11 May 2001, Julian Robinson wrote:

> I am not sure if you picked up this post by Ed.  I agree that it sounds
> very like an exposure problem.  As well as Ed's suggested Vuescan solution
> you could try Nikonscan / Extras / Autoexposure / Lowcontrast low key (or
> lowcontrast neutral)

I tried that too with vuescan using combinations 1sec x 4 scans
and 0.1 x 40 scans (had a coffee break here ;-). The ghosts were as
prominent in the 0.1 exposure ones as they were in the 1 sec ones.
I did not try Nikonscan, because with that progman and this scanner I can
not build up "photons" with  multiscan.

Regards
Harry

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.