filmscanners: Book on Image Editing/Colour Correction

Hi
        I am novice in Scanning and Image Editing/Colour Correction (Using
PS).

I have little/confusing theoritical knowledge about RGB, gamma and
colourspace:-).

I am new to Photoshop too.I am thinking of buying a book which concentrates
more on the Image Editing/Colour Correction (Using PS) and has little theory
about RGB, gamma and colourspace.

The book has to be practical(with illustrations) and should give steps to do
PS.

I browsed in amazon.com and read the reviews about following books.
"Inside Photo Shop 6",
"Adobe Photoshop 6.0 for Photographers",
"Professional Photoshop 6: The Classic Guide to Color Correction"

Please suggest some books.

Thanks
Ramesh

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.