filmscanners: Paintshop Pro

Someone recently gave PSP a plug on the list, and I was trying to remember
the neatest features which PSP 7 has over Photoshop.  Two which are
extremely useful are:

1) The ability to rotate an image a fraction of a degree

2) The redeye tool.  It allows you to replace the red eye reflection with a
"fake" coloured iris and pupil, complete with reflection spot.

There's lots of other great features - my favourite aspect of PSP is the
visual layout of printing.  I was astonished when I found out that Photoshop
5.5 didn't have an equivalent.

On the down side - everything is forced into sRGB, and PSP doesn't support
embedded profiles.  Windows CMS is supported however.

Rob

PS If you get PSP 7 make sure you download the appropriate 7.02 patch.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.