Re: filmscanners: VueScan Long Exposure Pass

In a message dated 5/4/2001 11:06:17 AM EST, steve@gccl.fsbusiness.co.uk
writes:

> What about a slightly underexposed slide (this can produce a better result
>  when projected). I assume the long exposure  would help.

VueScan already automatically lengthens the exposure to maximize
the intensity of the scanned image without saturating the brightest
pixels.

However, the "long exposure pass" option did two passes, one with
a properly exposed image and one with a significantly overexposed
image (usually 6x).  This saturates all pixels above 1/6 of the maximum
intensity, and then these two passes were being combined.

The problem with this is that overexposed pixels will bleed charge
into adjacent pixels, and the amount of bleeding is unpredictable
(and it's also directional sometimes, bleeding mainly to either the
left or right).

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.