filmscanners: VueScan 7.0.17 Available

I just released VueScan 7.0.17 for Windows, Mac OS and Linux.
It can be downloaded from:

  http://www.hamrick.com/vsm.html

I'm pretty sure the negative color correction problem that was
giving over-saturated reds sometimes is fixed.  If you're
still seeing this problem, feel free to e-mail me a low-resolution
raw scan file of a negative that exhibits this problem.

What's new in version 7.0.17

  * Improved negative color correction

  * Fixed problem with options in the Crop tab not being
    properly restored from the vuescan.ini file

  * Improved support for FireWire scanners on Windows

  * Added color correction for Leaf scanners when reading
    raw scan files produced by this scanner

  * Added support for HP 7400C and improved support for
    HP 5300C

  * Added both static and dynamic linked versions of
    VueScan to Linux version

  * Disabled 24-bit scans on newer Nikon scanners
    (firmware doesn't work with 24-bit scans)

  * Removed "Long exposure pass" option (it produced
    subtly corrupted images at dark/light transitions
    on most scanners due to CCD charge bleeding)

Regards,
Ed Hamrick

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.