Re: filmscanners: Cleaning slides (PEC tips)

Rob Geraghty wrote:

> jack wrote:
>
>>> Hopefully I'll be able to remove the fingerprint with some careful
>>> use of the cloning tool.
>>
>> Digital ICE should solve this problem for you.
>

> No, it doesn't, because ****ing Nikon refuse to fix the jaggies problem.
>  Until that is fixed, ICE is of exactly zero use to me.  Sorry about the
> angry response, but then I am *very* angry about spending AUD$1600 on
>something
> which I had to buy a third party program to get it to work satisfactorily.
>  It's a reflection on Nikon not ASF.
>
> I have still received no response from Nikon since their last email saying
> "we'll contact Japan about it".  Nikonscan 3.0 doesn't resolve the issue.

Would you like me to translate "we'll contact Japan about it" into English?

"Please go away and leave us alone... we didn't create this problem and
its Japan's fault. If they gave a rats ass, they would have fixed it
long ago, since they've known about the problem for a long time".

I know this is an accurate translation because it is exactly the line
Epson and Honda and Roland gave me, and I've been waiting for a "reply"
for over 20 years on a couple of them.

If you really want some action on this, I suggest you contact a lawyer
or at least your consumer affairs department.  Now that might get
Nikon's attention...  in Japan!

Art

> Thanks goodness for Vuescan or I'd be so annoyed I'd probably never buy
> another Nikon product.

And you might have been making the right decision.  As I stated some
months back, I strongly suspect one of the reasons Nikon is so
accommodating to Ed Hamrick with access to their new scanners is because
Vuescan takes the heat off of them.  Its almost too bad, I think Nikon
deserves a good lawsuit to take them down the notch or two they deserve.

Art

> Regards,
> Rob
>

> Rob Geraghty harper@wordweb.com