RE: filmscanners: Cleaning slides

        [Oostrom, Jerry]  I have my Acer scanner sent in for service, but
here in Holland they had not heard about a replacement programme. In fact
they are trying to repair my defective one. And they are until now
unable/unwilling to see the problem of the scanner: background noise,
devastating for negatives in general or the dark part of slides. Luckily
they are still testing for the problem, but I was disappointed when I saw
their sample scan, which of course looked good: the scan was cropped to
29x14mm (ratio 2:1), whereas I scan full-frame 36x24mm (ratio 3:2). I said
they probably didn't do a full frame scan and thereby unintentionally left
out the parts of the CCD line/array that are failing, they responded that
they performed a full frame scan. Then I responded: how strange, look at the
ratios, the dpi etc... Now I am waiting for their answer...

        It is terrible: they are friendly, very willing to help and I want
to keep it that way, but it sure is hard to explain such an apparently
elusive problem to them while minimizing the risk of offending them on how
they test my scanner.

        [Oostrom, Jerry]  :-(

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.