filmscanners: OT: Mfgr's Support (was:Microtek 1850S drivers

Hersch wrote:

> I told a power tool company to stop sending me their catalog
after they discontinued selling the proprietary batteries for a drill
immediately after they stopped selling that model. A lot of letters of that
type might help (Of course one lonely one won't do it).

I've written my share of letters (could anyone doubt it?), and wish you'd
shared the name of that power tool. It could save me the trouble of writing
another letter--after all, I didn't find this work-station under a cabage
leaf! ;-)

The manufacturers that have supported their products for 50 years and more
are getting fewer (Rolls-Royce is one of them; Sears *used* to be), as
mergers and/or younger managers and "bean-counters" take over Operations. If
they're not responsive--and too many of them aren't--the best way to change
their world-view is to avoid their products. And "naming names" is one way
to accomplish that, IMHO. :-)

Another 2-cents worth--LRA