Re: filmscanners: Nikonscan3.0 and LSIII

<EdHamrick@aol.com> wrote:
> In a message dated 4/27/2001 7:43:30 PM EST, hersch@silcom.com writes:
> > I found by accident that there is a huge difference between 48-bit 2700
ppi scans on
> >  my LS-30 (where that should have been more than enough) and 64-bit,
2700
> >  ppi settings.

As in 64bit is far better?

> I looked at the code, and I think I can see the problem.  I've added
> this to my list of things to fix.  Thanks for finding this.

Cool!

BTW I think I'll have to go back to Adobe RGB from ColormatchRGB in Vuescan.
The cherry red colours and oversaturated reds are too hard to correct.  On
my LS30 and screen, ColormatchRGB just doesn't work with red.  And the reds
don't look right on the monitor at work either.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.