filmscanners: Nikonscan3.0 and LSIII

There was some discussion recently about using the new Nikonscan 3.0 with
older Nikon scanners. This is my experience with a Coolscan III:-
The new interface is much better with more controls and the help is at last
accessable.
Scans from negs are improved in that the highlights are not being blown out
as much.
As has been said bulk scanning crashes, but I've overcome that by using
Twain in "Thumbs Plus" which works very well. Occasional crashes but I
assume that's to be expected when using 2 Beta programs in sync
Compared to Vuescan, scratch removal is much better, skin tones are warmer,
and healthier looking, colors are more vivid.
In all thanks to whoever originally brought this to the list
John Bradbury

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.