Re: filmscanners: scanner dilemma

Rob wrote (to Ed Hamrick)--

>So is there any chance you'll separate cleaning from grain reduction?
>That way people without an IR channel could use it without the
dust and scratch filter.

The ability to do a separate and independent grain reduction *would* be an
excellent addition to Vuescan, IMO.

It's a "given" that the alogorithm works similarly for either condition, but
how about if it could be *targeted* for a specific range of pixels or pixel
colors? The bright-green "noise" I often see in shadows could be a good
example, and being able to select the offending pixel-color of whatever RGB
combo would be a great feature.

Best regards--LRA