Re: filmscanners: FW: Dual Scan II - striping

I want to clarify if the "striping" I am seeing is what Vlad is speaking
of, and if anyone else sees what I am.

I am seeing a couple of bands of darker sky.  They start at the left
side and go toward the right.  One, for instance, goes right through the
"Rooster" weathervane on top of the roof.  Another wider one ends a bit
above the rooster's head and goes up toward the top edge of the image.

They are more obvious on the left side and fade out as approaching the
right.

These bands appear no matter what part of the screen I move the image
to, and I've now looked with several different jpeg viewers.

However, if this is not what Vlad is speaking of, then, Maris might have
a good point.  These stripes could be caused by a poorly set up monitor,
certain zoom ratios in certain programs, a monitor needed degaussing, or
one with magnetic materials near the screen, etc.

I suggest Vlad open the image in a number of programs and see if the
problem remains constant.  If not, it may indeed be either software or
monitor related, rather than the scanner.

Art

Maris V. Lidaka, Sr. wrote:

> Vlad,
>
> I do not see the striping.  One thought comes to mind, however - is it
> possible that it is your monitor that shows striping but that the scanner
> and the image themselves are OK?
>
> Maris

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.