Re: filmscanners: Nikonscan 3.0 with Win98 / Win98SE for LS30/LS2000

FWIW here is the response from Nikon USA support to the question "Will
Nikonscan 3.0 work with the LS2000 on Win 98 original (not SE)?"       They
may not know much, but are at least candid about it.

-----------------------------
Dear Julian Robinson:
While Nikon Scan 3.X will someday work with the LS2000, the current
initial release is not recommended. As to whether Win 98 not SE will
work, we can speculate but I learned a long time ago not to second guess
new software.
Nikon Scan 3.0 cannot be on the same platform as previous Nikon Scans.
You are definitely getting into the realm of experimentation. I wish
you well and good luck on your own.
-----------------------------

I was guessing that it was the Firewire that required the Win98SE version,
so will probably download it and try tomorrow.

Julian

At 20:14 20/04/01, you wrote:
>I'm quite sure that Nikonscan 3 will work with the LS 2000 and Win98. The
>reason it states you require Win98 se is for the LS4000 as Win98 does not
>support firewall interface.
>
>Dale

Julian Robinson
in usually sunny, smog free Canberra, Australia

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.