Re: filmscanners: Re: Minolta Scan Dual Problems

This is what I love about computers.  These supposedly logical beasts,
which will not allow you to misplace a comma, or use an incorrect letter
casing, seem to be able to reconfigure themselves, without being asked.

I don't claim to be a USB interface programmer, or even a knowledgeable
  user of the product, but I do not recall reading anywhere that turning
off a USB device while the computer was on was supposed to either reboot
or turn off my computer system.

Something is obviously really messed up here, and it would seem to point
ot either the Minolta hardware, or the drivers and software.  Of course,
as we all know too well, it could have to do with the pH of the soil in
the houseplant next to the computer also.

Oh, I love this technology.

I'm guessing the green and magenta scans are indicating the scanner
software is misinterpreting what film type is in the scanner.  The green
would likely be the scanner reading a neg but not adding the corrections
for the dye masking layers, and the magenta might be the scanner trying
to scan a neg as a positive??

Have you noticed the problem appears after use of a certain other
peripheral or software program?

If this is the only real problem your system is manifesting, I'd tell
Minolta to figure out how to fix it or send you a new scanner.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.