filmscanners: Re: Solux lights

Maris wrote:
>But for graphics there is nothing like a Solux. http://www.soluxtli.com/

The information about desirable colour temperature for room lighting versus
brightness of illumination was particularly interesting. So ideally our digital
darkroom should have neutral coloured walls etc., and be lit with 4700° Solux
lamps?

I have made an attempt to improve on standard incandescent 2700° lamps by using
so-called daylight flourescents, but at the light level involved these would
probably be too blue, it seems,  plus not having a desirable smooth spectrum.
Must check if Solux lamps are available here.

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.