RE: filmscanners: Kodak Q60 Calibration

Tony writes ...

> On Tue, 10 Apr 2001 21:50:19 -0500  Maris V. Lidaka, Sr.
> (mlidaka@ameritech.net) wrote:
>
> > I'll draw some flack from this you I can point you to, without
> > recommending or disparaging the site,
> > http://www.aim-dtp.net/aim/calibration/kodak_q60/index.htm
>
> This looks fascinating. I don't see anything to
> disparage - it's only Timo's fundamentalist views
> on gamma I find odd, and they aren't an issue
> here. ...

        I won't disparage Timo's wwwsite either.  No doubt he's trying to be
helpful and there is good information there.  Although somewhat
off-topic, if you are at curious about the controversy regarding this
guy, there is a very interesting and informational debate going on
between Timo and Bruce Fraser at the Adobe "color managament" forum.
It will give you insight into Timo's character and argumentative
style, which is what most people have a problem with ... he is simply
argumentative.
        Sorry I don't have a URL for the forum ... it seems to be broken this
morning ... go to the Adobe wwwsite => tech support => forums => color
management (you will have to register).  There are two subjects, and
you can spot them easy ... each have approximently >50 posts.

shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.