Re: filmscanners: Blue noise - suggestions for removal?

"Arthur Entlich" <artistic@ampsc.com> wrote:
[suggestions snipped]

Thanks, Art.  I'm still an egg in some respects with the finer art of
tweaking scans.

> Just out of interest, in what program did you create this JPEG file.  I
> can't get it as small as you did in Photoshop, even at considerably
> lower quality.

Maybe that's because PS embeds profiles? :) :)  I used PSP 7.

Actually, PSP's ability with jpegs was one of the reasons I started
using it.  Prior to that I used a program called Photostyler which was
bought by Adobe.  Photostyler made nice clean and compact jpegs.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.