Re: filmscanners: Re Insight or Photoshop?

I agree with Larry... I use a Minolta scanner... I use PhotoShop 6 (used to use
5.5.) and use its import TWAIN to bring up my Minolta scan software, which I use
to obtain a 16 bit linear scan, thus bringing a basically raw scan into PShop...
There I do my work, saving the image at various key points and only do an
Unsharp
Mask when I go to make a print... If I am giving a CD to my client, I give them
unsharpened files, with a note advising them of this....

Mike M.

Larry Berman wrote:

> Try and do as much processing as you can in Photoshop. You'll have much
> more control and be able to save at various stages. If you choose not to,
> never sharpen the image during the scan. That should be the last thing you
> do after manipulating in Photoshop. And then it should be "unsharp mask".
>
> But I'm sure you'll be able to read different views on this, and changing
> light bulbs, if you monitor the forum long enough. Everyone has their
> personal work procedure that works for them. And most are willing to share
> that information. That's why this is such a good forum.
>
> Larry
>
> >I, m new to this site  so if this has been covered already, I apologized. My
> >scanner is the Polaroid Sprintscan 4000 with Insight. I use Photoshop 5.0. I
> >would like to produce high quality 11x17 inch prints on my Epson 1200
> >printer. My question is...should I use the Insight software for my
> >adjustments or just do a basic scan and do most of the adjustments in
> >Photoshop? Also should I sharpen the image at all before the final scan or do
> >it in Photoshop.

> Larry Berman
>
> http://BermanGraphics.com
> http://IRDreams.com