Re: filmscanners: You have several hundred thousand transparencies to scan...

On Sat, 7 Apr 2001 06:40:38 -0500  Tom Scales (tscales@attglobal.net)
wrote:

> Shoot, I've never seen one, but it seems like the Nikon 4000 ED with the
> optional slide feeder would be perfect. 36 shots at a time.

Doubtful - it will be extremely slow compared to bulk scanning stations
which process slides in a matter of seconds each.

Does anyone know if, with the LS4000 feeder, Nikon have finally got around
to fixing the notorious jamming/misfeed problems which affected the
hoppers for both the LS1000 & LS2000? Or whether they've improved their
idea of autoexposure ( on previous models: work out the exposure for the
first slide in the hopper and then assume all the rest are identical)?
Probably not, as I don't expect the '4000 hopper is being distributed yet.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons