Re: filmscanners: film scanner software

Mikael writes ...

> I cant understand why people are discussion a software like VueScan so
much
> in this group. ...
> VueScan are (also in my opinion for beginners) but if you are concern to
> learn how to scan  pictures  try a "pro software"   ...

    IMHO "Silverfast", and other softwares designed to offer all the RGB
manipulation before the scan, are for taking the scanned image directly to
the printer.  Vuescan, on the other hand, is for those of us who rather
archive the scanned RGB and have Photoshop do all the heavy lifting.
Afterall, Photoshop provides much better tools than does Silverfast.  The
only thing "pro" about Silverfast is the price.

my US$0.02 ... shAf  :o)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.