Re: filmscanners: Burning CD's

Of course all colour silver halide films have no silver halide left after
they've been processed!

It's dye stability too that you have to worry about with them, as well as
with chromogenic black and white films, which also use dyes.

Quite honestly the medium that has the best chance of longevity _is_
digital, but it's active rather than passive.

Don't leave pictures on a CD-R for ten years and then find you can't read
them.

Once every 2-3 years or so go through the entire collection and copy them
to the latest greatest medium.

That way you might actually own a working reader for your pictures in 30
years time...

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.