Re: filmscanners: film scanner software

"Mikael Risedal" <risedal@hotmail.com> wrote:
> VueScan are (also in my opinion for beginners) but if you are concern to
> learn how to scan  pictures  try a "pro software"   and  see who much more
> you can get out from your negative or slides.

That's a big assumption about how much money people have to throw around,
isn't it?  If I can get good results with Vuescan for US$40 why would I want
to buy Silverfast just to "try" it??  Silverfast won't give me 10 bits per
channel
from my LS30.  Yes, I know you can get a demo of Silverfast, but IMO it's a
sufficiently complex piece of software that it's difficult to judge from the
demo
whether it would be worth buying.  I'd imagine that most of the people with
filmscanners who have Silverfast got it bundled with the scanner.

At least in Australia, OEM bundles are nowhere near as generous as in the
USA.
I don't know what the comparison with Europe is like.

Rob

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.