Re: filmscanners: SS4000 problems - again

The dust mote strikes again

You could call this situation "the looping cycle"

this happens because there is a dust particle sitting on the
'registration' sensor, the one which sets the carrier into the 'start'
position...
since it is blinded by the dust spek, it keeps the carrier moving back
and forth, for as long as it will take to find the 'registration'
indicator on the film carrier... which might be eternity time...
blowing air into the left channel located into the tunnel should
dislodge the disruptive dust speck... the sensor 'sits' in this area...
also a good precaution, is to blow air onto the carrier, specially the
under channel on the left side...to remove any dust which might then
finds its way on this sensor...

the only thing, keep the air can upright while using it, other wise...

funny how a dust mote can blind a sensor searching for a unique marking,
into an 'eternal' movement, but this kind of situations happens all the
time, around us....

----------------
Tom Scales wrote:

> My SS4000 has developed a problem where the yellow light just continues to
> flash and the motor runs on and on. I called Polaroid and they sent me a
> 'cleaning kit', really just a little brush that attaches to the slide
> carrier.
>
> Whoopee.
>
> Didn't do a thing.
>
> Am I just SOL?  Do I have to send it to Polaroid?
>
> How big a stickler are they on your original invoice? I can't find it. I do
> have the original box, which shows it was shipped to me less than a year ago
> and that is what I'll send it to them in.
>
> I just hope I don't have a fight for warranty service.
>
> Any thoughts would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Tom

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.