Re: filmscanners: Review of the Nikon CoolScan 4000

"Larry Berman" <larry@bermanart.com> wrote:
> Review of the new Nikon CoolScan 4000 at the Imaging Resource Newsletter:
> http://www.imaging-resource.com/IRNEWS/

It reads more like a promotion than a review.  The fact that they've never
looked
at the Polaroid 4000 or the Artix 4000 amazes me.  To claim that Firewire is
"essential" to produce a 67MB file in 100 seconds is silly.  SCSI II can
manage that in a few seconds, and I suspect USB would come close to getting
under the 100 second mark.

Hopefully someone will produce a more balanced review - hopefully comparing
the Nikon 4000 with another 4000dpi scanner.

Rob

PS I have no doubt the Nikon 4000 is a nice scanner. :)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.