Re: filmscanners: Burning CD's

ReWritable is NOT preferable... CD-R media is cheap enought that you
don't need to mess with all the variables of trying to rewrite a CD
file... What I and lot of other folks on this list do is to use the best
CD-R (not CD-RW) discs we can get ahold of (Kodaks Optima Gold or
Gold-Silver are great) to archive our images... what counts is 1. The
ability of your disc to be read by multiple users (in other words your
clients or lab) 2. Archival and Information quality... If you want to
work on a file, you pull it up off your Master Files (the ones that
include your original scans, pre-manipulation, as well as the Master
manipulated files) CD, do whatever tweaks are necessary, then save it as
a separate file... And burn it onto a new CD-R... costs about a buck for
a new disc...

Mike M.

Photoburt@aol.com wrote:

> I'm just getting started in CD burning.  I saw that my options in
> blank CD
> are between Rewritable and Write Once Only.  Is there any preference
> between
> the two for photographic image storage?  My inclination is to think
> that
> Rewritable would be preferable because of the possible need to
> adjustments in
> the image.
>
> Thanks in advance for your input.
>
>                                        Burt