From: owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk
[mailto:owner-filmscanners@halftone.co.uk]On Behalf Of Douglas Landrum
Sent: Thursday, April 05, 2001 8:53 PM
To: Scanner List
Subject: filmscanners: Genuine Fractals

I bought a Nikon Coolscan IV about 10 days ago that has a full version of
Genuine Fractals bundled in.  There was no documentation for Genuine
Fractals.  Altamira's web site is useless.  I have loaded Fractals as a
plugin to Photoshop 6.0.1.

When I tried to use Genuine Fractal, I saved a TIFF file produced by Vuescan
to GF's STN file in Photoshop.  When I retrieved the file and tried to scale
it, I saw a thumbnail of the photo that had a heavy pattern embedded.  When
I opened the scaled image, the photo had the pattern overlay (I am guessing
here) that all but obliterated the image.  Does anyone know what I am doing
wrong?  Is this a license disabling device?  GF came with no instructions
and no serial number.  I did not even see a serial number insertion on the
installation.  Any reference to documentation would also be helpful.

Thanks, Doug Landrum, Digital Dunce.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.