Re: filmscanners: Microtek Add-On LightLid EL

on 4/5/01 6:46 PM, Bill Petitt at b.petitt@home.com wrote:

> Anyone tried this slide/neg attachment for the Microtek X6El? Just found it
> on their web site.

Yeah, I have one. It works fine but the resolution of the X6 is pretty
limited (though I love the scanner overall). I got a half decent 11x14 print
from a 4x5 neg and a half decent 7x7 print from a 6x6 neg, but to be honest
your money is much better spent on an Epson 1640 SU with the tranny hood.
Still not ideal, but with this setup I can get a really high quality 20"
wide image from a 4x5 neg.

If I wanted anything bigger I'd pay for a drum scan.

Neither of these units does anything worth a damn with 35mm.

Incidentally, if anyone wants to buy an X6 with a tranny hood...

--
John Brownlow

http://www.pinkheadedbug.com

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.