RE: filmscanners: negative and skin tones

>Well, what you are supposed to do is to filter the light to the correct
>>colour temp for the film, and then everything takes care of itself.

Nice theory :) Colour neg and PS work better for me.

No major disagreement from me.  My response was tailored to a very specific
suggestion in someone's post that one use a filter to correct the skin tones
similar to the way one uses a filters in black and white traditional
photography to lighten or darken certain combinations of color in the
original.  You know the old red filter to lighten reds and darken greens
sort of thing which results in unanticipated consequences when there is some
other color present in the original subject.