RE: filmscanners: AcerScanwit

On Tue, 3 Apr 2001 14:09:53 +0800   Honda Lo (HondaLo@acerCM.com.tw)
wrote:

> Dear Tony,
>           in fact, 2740S compare to 2720S, we improved the A/D from
> 12bit to
> 14bit

Thanks - I did not realise this.

> The other hand is co-work with ASF to have ICE
> function inside, due to we're not using LED light as our light-source,
> so we
> need to scan twice to check the place of dust & scratch.

Intruiging! So you do ICE without an IR channel! Everybody has guessed
that you had added an IR LED - and we are all wrong.

> To be the best " Value of Money " is our
> insist
> in this area, we'll continue to prompt more good with good quality and
> reasonable price.

I think you will find that most people here regard the Acer as good enough
to stand comparison with much more expensive models, especially for
slides. If you added individual RG&B channel exposure control, you would
improve the scanning of colour negatives - the main users' complaint is
that the Acer's remove the orange mask in software.

It is very good to have another manufacturer representative here, and I
think you will gain a lot of useful feedback.

Regards

Tony Sleep
http://www.halftone.co.uk - Online portfolio & exhibit; + film scanner
info & comparisons