Re: filmscanners: OT: JPEG on Amiga

--- You wrote:
I will explain the rest to you in private email, since this is OT.  But
the thing you need to know is that JPEG decompressors now used are
standardized, and you will see little, if any difference between them.

Art
--- end of quote ---
That explains it and does answer my question exactly.   The package I used when
I saw the problem was TurboPrint which cost about $80 and did a pretty good job
driving the Epson at the time.  I wonder if they've upgraded their jpeg
decompressor in a later version.

Vuescan upgrades do seem amazing.  I fianlly downloaded it to my SuperMac last
night and it would not run, even locked up the computer.  Constant revision can
do that sort of thing.  Wait until the next microscopic revision.  I watched
that kind of responsive development with the Picasso driver software on the
Amiga and it was actually very satisfying,though a little frustrating at times,
when a new version accidently undid something that had been stable for months.
That's how it works.

Thanks again,
Rich

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.