Re: filmscanners: Printing A3 from a 2700dpi scan

Robert E. Wright wrote:

> I think every reference I've seen regarding noise is scanned images
> identifies the Blue channel as being the most noisy. I have never seen an
> explanation of why this is so, but does not appear to be dependant on the
> light source or specific scanner. Maybe the noise isn't coming the film?
>
> Bob Wright

I'm pretty sure the problem is that 1) the density of the blue filter on
the CCD is darker and 2) the CCD has poorer response to blue light

It might be that in order to get a purer color separation blue filters
have to be more dense to not be contaminated by other colors.

In the case of Nikon, which uses one CCD with no filters, the light
color is altered, but if the filter is less sensitive to blue light,
that still could explain it.

Art

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.