Re: filmscanners: OT (was: PhotoCD format

Someone wrote:
> >While Kodak has licensed us the technology to create PCD
> files – a useful format for high quality imaging – they have thus far
> refused to disclose the details of the other bits required to create a
> complete Kodak PhotoCD which would be readable by Kodak's set-top players..

  That's OK, me and a couple of other folks have been hacking at it.  We
should soon have a piece of software that will do this for you.  Why
anyone would want to is really beyond me, but it's fun.  In the
meantime, check out my "Make Your Own Photo CD" page:

http://tedfelix.com/PhotoCD/PCDMakeYourOwn.html

It covers all this in gorey detail.

--
Ted Felix       | http://www.tedfelix.com