Re: filmscanners: film flatness in Nikon's

Paul !
Nikon claims in their text that ED4000 are a professional product.
You call it earlier a semi professional product, and we shall not expect
more of the scanner. What kind of logic is that? Why shall we not expect
that the scanner are 100% sharp over the whole picture and still be easy to
use and handle

Who many of us who are daily working with pictures are interested to put a
film in a carrier made of glass.???

I don't know who many scanners you have tried and tested  recently.
I have been testing scanners since 1994

Please take a look at: http://www.imacon.dk    and  the scanner Flextight
Photo or Polaroid.
This film scanners have not the Nikons problem with film holders and curved
film and un sharp pictures. '

Mikael Risedal
Lund
Sweden