Re: filmscanners: new Minolta Scan Dual II not working after oneday.

on 3/31/01 8:04 PM, Rome at adnixon@tin.it wrote:

> Hi,
> I've just a bought a new Minolta Dimage Scan Dual II a couple of days ago.
> I plugged it into my Mac G4 and installed the software. I did a couple of
> test scans and it worked. Beautifully! I was very impressed and excited.
> Then I turned off, shut down and unplugged it, as I don't enough spare USB
> sockets on my Mac, or enough space on my desk for the scanner when I'm not
> using it.
> Next day I spent the morning setting up ColorSync profiles on my Mac for
> Photoshop and my monitor, then plugged the Minolta in again to do some more
> scanning with ColorSync now in operation - But now the little green light on
> the front won't come on, and when I fire up the Minolta driver utility on
> its own, or from within Photoshop, or use the Easyscan utility, all I get is
> an error message saying:
> "Could not confirm scanner connection"

One possibility could be that you plugged it in while the Mac was on and the
Minolta was on and fried the I/O chip. A 'friend' did this for me once with
a Tectronics printer. Do you remember if both were turned off?

Jim Snyder

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.