Re: filmscanners: Vuescan 7.0.8 hang!

Jim wrote:

>Does anyone have any other ideas on how to preserve a logfile being written
to when a sudden freeze of the entire Windows 98SE occurs (requiring a power
cycling on CPU) during a SS 4000 hang in Vuescan? And just what is this
doing to the FAT table on my SCSI disks, etc?

In a word, "No," but I was having similar "hangs" on my Acer w/Win98 when I
asked Vuescan to do 6 repeats recently (and have had before in other
programs, similar circumstances). When I dropped the requirement to 3
repeats, it scanned and output a log file just fine. That won't help your
problem, I know, but try scanning one frame at a time in sequence, with log
files, working up to the "offending" frame. The log file of that frame-scan
could or should give you more information.  It *might* be a temporary clog
in the feeder mechanism/carrier (this has happened to me on occassion, with
a different scanner, and for no reason I could detect).

I sort'a suspect you've done this, but sometimes in the "heat of the battle"
we miss something that would have been more noticable in calmer times
(sometimes vice-versa, but that's neither here nor there).

Best regards and good luck--LRA