filmscanners: Printdpi

The dpi thread leads me to ask what the best dpi for printing on an Epson
printer (Stylus 600 for example) would be.

My habit is to correct an image at the scanned resolution then move it to a
default blank page for printing, using PhotoShop's free transformation for
sizing.   I save the 'print' version as well as the full resolution file.  The
prints look good.

I normally use a blank page set for 8.5 x11 inches and 110 dpi.  I'm wondering
if I'd see better results at a higher dpi or faster results at a lower dpi.
Lower dpi would result in a smaller file for storage too.  There must be an
ideal maximum resolution beyond which the image doesn't print better and a
minimum resolution below which it is noticeably degraded.

Comments?
Rich

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.