Re: filmscanners: AcerScanwit

Take a look at the Photoscientia site, www.photoscientia.co.uk.

As for me..(amateur opinion follows!)
I have the Acer 2720, and I like it very much.  Neutral, slightly
undersaturated colors (a very slight cyan/blue cast on mine, easy to
correct).  Good shadow detail and very little shadow noise in slide scans.
Good optics, little or no flare or CCD 'bleeding'.  Has autoexposure only -
can be a problem for some high-end uses, but not for me.  Has some problems
with grain-aliasing in negatives, but I think most/all 2720 scanners do..

The 2740 is the same scanner, but with Infrared-based dust/scratch removal.
 (I understand this function slows the scans dramatically when turned on..)

Have heard of folk using them on a Mac, but not me.

Just my 2c worth..

MT

At 01:04 PM 28/03/01 EST, you wrote:
>There are a bunch of Acer Scanwit 2740S scanners on Ebay.  Is this a
competent
>machine?  Anyone using one on a Mac?
>
>Rich

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.