Re: filmscanners: OT-ish Epson 1270

>Just what size is are A4 and A3 prints?

  A3 is 297 x 420 mm, 11.69 x 16.53 inches
  A4 is 210 x 297 mm,  8.26 x 11.69

>Also, I should note that I've often
>heard/read people remark that they can print off scanned images up to such
>and such size (e.g., 11"x14"), but I'm not always clear about just what size
>the image is that is placed on the paper. What, for example, is the usual
>image size for a print on A4 paper? Does it vary much?

Most desktop printers do not print to the edge; they require some margin space.
 For example Epson 1200 margins are listed as

  top      .12 in  3mm
  bottom   .55 "  14mm  using standard printable area
  left     .12 "   3mm
  right    .35 "   9mm  for letter & legal
  right    .12 "   3mm  for other paper sizes

I print 8x10 (inches image on US letter size paper 8.5x11 inches, then either
trim it to 8x10 or trim to leave a small uniform white border.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.