filmscanners: Re: Scanning dpi and epson papers was

At 1:44 PM +1000 3/27/01, Rob Geraghty wrote:
>Obscanning: What dpi do people scan at?  I scan on the LS30 at 2700dpi then
>change the dpi in the file without resampling before I print.  Do others
>scan at 300dpi (say) for the print output resolution?  This isn't possible
>AFAIK with Vuescan, but it is with Nikonscan.

        I'm with you, Rob. I always scan at 2720 "dpi" (Canon FS2710)
and resize without resampling for printing. That gives about 350 dpi
for an A4 size print, and 235 dpi for an A3 print.
        Two reasons for this - one, most authorities say scanners
work best at their optical resolution, and two, I only have to save
one image file which I can use for any conceivable sized print in the
future (up to the limit imposed by a 2700 dpi scanner).

Regards,
Roger Smith

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.