RE: filmscanners: Trying to Calibrate Monitors to Match

I have been reluctant to respond to this thread because I do not have or
know that much about Win2K; I use Win 98.  However, since the question
appears to be about matching displays on the same monitor using  two OSs
 switching between them I assume), I really have to question if this is
either a hardware calibration issue or a monitor hardware question.  I am
inclined to think that the display driver for each of the OSs is different
having very different characteristics and, maybe settings, which may be
relying on or needing two different profiles.  If it is something at the OS
level having to do with the OS and its drivers, dual monitors would appear
to only multiply all your problems by two: one for each OS per monitor and
one set per monitor.

Most of the stuff dealing with calibration of devices from what I have read
and heard typically deals with and assumes a single operating system and
cross matching of calibration within a single OS not across OSs.  I would
strongly suggest you ask the manufacturer of the ColorCal system if their
product can calibrate across dual OSs and how it is done.  I would also tell
them about your current mismatch problems with your present single monitor
and see if they think that calibration with or without their equipment would
help resolve the problem.  If one of the OSs has a bad driver for your
display card and monitor, you may not be able to get a match no matter how
hard you try to calibrate the device.

Well, that is my $.02 anyway; hope it is of some use.