ПРОЕКТЫ

  АРХИВ

  СТАТЬИ

  ПЕРСОНАЛЬНОЕ

  ПРОГРАММЫ

ПИШИТЕ
ПИСЬМА

Вы можете купить зарядные устройства для телефонов Sony Ericsson с почтовой доставкой

     АРХИВ :: Filmscanners

Re: filmscanners: Scanning negatives for archiving

Hey Mike--

Thanks for the Raw Scan Input. Thank you, too, Eli--it'll take me a bit to
absorb that much input, but should be worth it.

At your "suggestion(s)" I tried ouputing Raw scans from Kodacolor negs on my
Scanwit, this AM. I was surprised how easy it was, especially with Vuescan,
which outputs the Raw scan in its positive form, and masked for the orange
carrier--as opposed to the Acer's native Miraphoto driver, which gives you
the raw scan of the neg just as it lays.

Since I've been known to tweak my output scans *endlessly* anyway, outputing
Raw scans from Vuescan saves steps and considerable time on the way to a
saved picture. From Mira, a bit less so--the inverted neg is very blue, but
Photoshop's "Adjust Levels" (as I said earlier) does a remarkable job of
putting the positive closer to the mark. All I really had to do was fiddle
with "Variations" a bit to get a presentable picture. <Note to Photoshop
neophytes like me--Adjust the scale at the top to "Fine" before you
start--the program doesn't hold that setting from one session to the next.

In the 10 months I've been using the Acer, this is only the 2nd time I've
fooled with Raw Scans. I'm pretty sure I'm going to be doing it a lot more
in the future. Thanks, guys!

--LRA