filmscanners: Polaroid sensor brush

My SS4000 is constantly going through a scan cycle, even without a
holder in. I've tried putting holders through a number of times with the
machine off, as suggested in the support website. I also ordered the
free sensor cleaning brush that David Hemingway sent a message about the
other day, but the rep said that I would probably get in in 10 to 14
days, though she would try to expedite without guarantees.

Is there anything I might try to solve the problem more quickly? (Might
there even be a kind soul in New York who has this item who might lend
it to me?)

Thanks for any suggestions.

John M.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.