Re: filmscanners: Mirage II ?'s

>My Imapro Flatbed has a moving Platen,and the Full sized A3 transparency
>hood is hinged so that a thick book or even one side of a large box can
>be scanned.
>The extra space needed is a small price to pay for the high quality
>results
>It also has one each R G B tube as the light source for more accurate
>colour.
>it also weighs a great deal and has a steel chassis and body.
>Don't associate the moving glass with older designs and equate them as
>inferior.I suspect space saving rather than improved quality was a
>prerequisite for current designs !
>regards
>Michael Wilkinson

My concern with the moving platen was because of the specific types of work
I'm scanning. I know this system is used on some high end scanners.

I heard from Umax again today confirming that the Mirage II has a "moving
bed" and that space consideration was indeed the reason for the redesign to
the 2100XL. Nonetheless, I spoke to the owner of the used Mirage II I'm
thinking of buying and he insists that it does not move. The pictures I've
seen of it would certainly lead me to believe that. I think the guy at Umax
is just confused. Kind of alarming though that it is so hard to find the
answer to such a straightforward issue.

Mark

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.