Re: filmscanners: Graphics Cards

Larry,
         Thanks for the reply about the GeForce2 MX graphics card. Hope it
wasn't too hard tearing yourself away from the new computer to make it ;-).

There's no doubt that the Matrox G450 is a good card, Tom's Hardware site
particularly mentions the "excellent 2D performance and razor sharp signal
quality". It would be hard to go past that, but the GeForce MX looks to have a
spec. that should be fine for PS work, as far as I can see, and they are
available on the local market at a reasonable price. All the discussion on the
List of late has got me thinking that maybe the setup of monitor and card here
could benefit from an upgrade.

Some of the GeForce MX cards can drive two monitors I see. Are there
restrictions on the way these cards can do this compared with the G450, do you
know?

Colin Maddock

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.