filmscanners: Scanning:general but specific

If I don't clean my e-mailbox nearly every day, it gets overwhelming--like
sox you've left in the hamper too long. :-)

So here are Replies and Thank-you's for people I didn't reply to in the
first place, and have better input now:

1. To whoever first posted the idea about the houshold static-wipes for dust
removal, Thank You. It works like a dandy, and it doesn't cost a lot. I may
try the stickey-roller later, but the 38-Pounds Sterling is sort of a
put-off point. I've got more time than money. :-)

2. To Larry B and all the others who've worried that Photoshop's
Noise/Remove Dust & Scratches feature will destroy detail and sharpness, my
experience shows that setting the threshhold at 1-3 pixels zeroes in on the
white spots, and doesn't much change the rest of the picture as much as the
way you see it in the preview--it largely leaves the detail alone. A single
click on Sharpen is usually all you need if it does (clicking on Sharpen
more than 3 times, or especially Sharpen More, may force you to Despeckle,
or toss the thing into a cocked hat).

3. For those Scanwitters who are, like me, not sure whether it's "noise" or
"grain-aliasing" but it sure looks like hell, we may be closing on some
answers, if not solutions. Thank you, Pete. And more dialog on this from
other Scanwitters would be appreciated, globaly.

4. For those who are sharing solutions, answers, and ideas with the List, a
Special Thank You.

5. For those who I have not offend and/or confused with my "rants" or
questions, stick around! ;-)

Now let's get back to scanning. :-)
Best regards--LRA