filmscanners: On using Win2K

I've become a bit conservative about changes to my computing
environment. I'm running Win98SE on a Dell Dimension with
a 300 mhz PIII. It works ok for making 4000dpi scans and
conducting all the other digital darkroom legerdemain.

I thought about Win2k, saw that it takes a bigger 'footprint'
from ram (min 128K) and couldn't find my machine on the
MS 'upgrade' list. It was a no brainer, no Win2K from moi.

I've become fond of staying at least 1 release behind in adopting
anything that MS releases. The tech industry seems to have
adopted the practice of letting users conduct final software
(and hardware) quality testing. I try to abstain from that.
Cheers,
JimD

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.