Re: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Once again, everything you say is likely true in the United States of
Waste and Consumption, but it sure isn't true here in Western Canada,
and I bet it also isn't true in Europe, Australia, and most other places.

Art

Mike Kersenbrock wrote:

> Arthur Entlich wrote:
>

>> Lastly, even if
>> my video card and monitor can produce 1600 x 1200 pixel screen, I'd be
>> unlikely to use it that way, due to the way it would shrink icons,
>> cursor and tool sizes on a 17" screen.
>

> I think the sweetspot is now at 19".  My wife, who uses her PC mostly
> for email, has a 19", and it wasn't expensive (albeit not a top brand).
> I've got a 21" one (and am running the 1600x1200 mentioned).  I think
> 17" ones are about the smallest one can buy nowdays (other than for LCD
> flatpanels).
>
> "Shrinking icons", etc, can be a problem sometimes (in Adobe Golive
> in particular), but it's also the reason to run the higher resolution.
> Doing so "fits" more things on the screen at once.
>
> Mike K.

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.