RE: filmscanners: Puzzled about display resolution

Absolutely. This is why I suggested to Ed to fill the display with the
scanned image. Here I am running his app at 1856x1392 and there are large
blank areas when the scan is complete. The program doesn't have to act this
way. This is how Photoshop knows how much to reduce an incoming image when
it displays it for the first time. It makes it as large as it can without
requiring scroll bars (while still using an integral divisor when it
decimates).

Frank Paris
marshalt@spiritone.com