Re: filmscanners: Anyone using Win2K? Does is manage color like W98SE?

Bigboy9955@aol.com () wrote:

> In a message dated 03/07/2001 6:42:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
> harper@wordweb.com writes:
>
> << Just in case it hasn't been stated clearly, Win98SE, WinME and Win2K
> all
>  use the same colour management system.
>
>  Rob >>
>

> I was just getting ready to run out and spend $350 (?) on Win2K when I
> already have WinMe.  What are the advantages to the 2K "pro" version
> besides the letters on the box?  And who is it useful to?
> Ed

For Photo applications there are two main advantages in using W2K:

1) Dual processor boards are supported, i.e. both processors are actually
used!

2) It will use as much RAM as you can pack on a board. Windows 98 and ME
can't really use more RAM than about 256M effectively, but W2K can go all
the way :-)

Copyright © Lexa Software, 1996-2009.